5 Inch Gauge Jasper
Produced by Ride on Railways the 5" gauge Jasper is a robust powerful battery electric locomotive which is equally at home on garden and club railways. The freelance style was designed to fit one standard car battery under the bonnet.
Designed for one 063 type car battery. Top speed of 6mph. Ideal as a beginners engine or for younger children. The 2 motors give enough power to comfortably pull 3- 4 adults.
This is a nice example in terms of mechanics but could use a little aesthetic work. This is the 12v variety.
- 4 x 150w motors (2 motors on 12v)
- Progressive regenerative braking
- Top speed 11-12mph (6mph)
- Designed to accept two 063 car batteries (one)
- All metal construction
- Body 1.2mm steel
- Chassis weight (with out batteries) 23kg (20kg)
- Ball race bearings
- Direct drive from axle hung motors
- Hand controller with built in deadmans switch